Saturday, June 28, 2008
Pictures from the Hohhot Birthday Party
The kids were so excited to see us--we had already decorated the room, and then brought the kids in. Each child received a new shirt and pants as well as new shoes and socks. It was a huge hit with the children and I had not seen so many smiles that week as I did that day. The bottom photo is a picture of Lily, our guide, and one of the girls she has bonded with over the last 2 visits there. This was a hard day, though. We never saw some of our kids from earlier in the week and could not find out exactly where they were. I also felt like the goods we had purchased FOR THE KIDS needed to be closely monitored so it would not leave WITH SOMEONE ELSE...and this was a very disgruntling feeling. The children DO NOT come first, or second, or even third here. I think had sensed this during the week, but it really slapped us in the face on our last day. Thankfully, there are 2 older boys who are very kind and gentle that we entrusted some supplies to so that the kids may continue to use them. We did buy shelves and organizational items so it would be able to be kept. The wonderful BIG items that YOU ALL paid for have been purchased and will be in the new orphanage. I am excited about that! I am thrilled that the children will be separated according to need.
As a FYI, if I repeat myself from earlier posts, please forgive me. I cannot read or see my blog while at Amanda's since this is a home and not a business. So, please ignore any repeats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment