A few days ago we were at the Guangzhou Safari Park and while we were there, a zoo keeper came up and asked my brothers and I if we would like to feed the giant pandas, and we AGREED, oh Yeah! We went into the panda kitchen and made bamboo cakes. The cakes were made of bamboo flour, bamboo powder, eggs (ick), peanut oil, and a bowl of something else. My brothers and I were in a glass display where everyone could watch us. We mixed the cakes together with our hands, and then pressed them into little metal containers. We made 6 cakes with our mix. But, it takes two hours to bake the bamboo cakes, so the zoo keepers gave us cakes the kids had made the day before so we could feed two 6 year old pandas. Our cakes would be used the next day.
We went into the area where the pandas are, and threw the bamboo cakes to the panda bears. They came quickly when they saw us, and ate up the cakes. It was a great experience.....
1 comment:
It's not everyday you get to feed pandas. Next time I need bamboo cakes I know to call the Boger boys
Post a Comment