Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One day left...and it was bound to happen....

We have one more day till we leave.  Everything is laid out but not in the bags yet, which truly should not take very long. We wanted to only take 4 bags there, with one duffel packed for "extra" space on the way home if needed. That way, my two youngest would not have to carry anything but their backpacks. I know when I have travelled for 24 hours, I do not want to carry much either!
But looking at the room where everything is laid out, I am really hoping that everything will fit and weigh in at 44 pounds...in China flights, your bags have to be 44 pounds or less....
SO, on Monday afternoon, I get a call from the school nurse that Jack is in the office with a sore throat. He says he has strep. No fever, no acting different, just running around like crazy!  I pick him up after school (it was about 20 minutes before school let out anyway!), and we had a busy afternoon with Alex and Ben's soccer club.  It was their end of the year "banquet" aka awesome chance to run around and play soccer for fun, and then watch your coaches play a game!  We tested Jack for strep ONLY because we were leaving in a few days, and YEP,  that baby was positive in 30 seconds!
He started medicines late Monday night, and I kept him home yesterday.  It did slow down packing, but, you know, we were still 2 days away!  I also had a gazillion errands to run, and unfortunately, every one of them took EXTRA time.....then off to get the boys at school early, haircuts, soccer practice for the last time....my oldest was really sad to leave soccer. He has grown to really love the sport this year, and his friends on the team. He was so SAD!  But he did "buy" us dinner from Pizza Hut with a gift card from his coach for getting a header in a tournament. He thought the pizza tasted "better than ever!"
I went to bed about 10, because I was dead dog tired and knew that storms were coming through later in the night..and know that once I wake up for anything, I cannot go back to sleep.
My sweet Jack comes down about 1 am, with a bad dream...and asked me to come lay with him. On the way, I stopped in our bathroom for a quick "break" and that was when IT happened.  HUGE vomit from Jack.  ALL OVER THE BATHROOM.  Poor guy, he had no idea it was coming.  It was awful.  Even our black lab mix was repulsed!  I had to clean it up, of course.....and mopped and washed us up, and we were about to go to sleep again, when I looked up and the said black dog was PEEING where he had thrown up.  I could only laugh.  SERIOUSLY???!!!  WHAT IN THE WORLD?  So, cleaned again, mopped again, and then up with Jack to sleep, praying that he does not throw up again.
As I "rested" I knew that God was trying to prepare me for chaos again. We are bringing an almost TWO YEAR old home!  Life has been relatively "easy" in the sense that everyone can dress themselves, get their bags ready, and even bath themselves. No one tries to swallow Legos, or eat dog food, or stick their fingers in the electric outlet anymore. The gate on the steps is optional.  That is all about to change! So, I feel like God is telling me it will be OKAY. You can handle anything for her, because I chose her for you.....nothing can mess that up!
My Jesus Calling for today:

DO NOT BE AFRAID, for I am with you.  Hear Me saying PEACE, BE STILL to your restless heart.  No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you.  Let this assurance soak into your mind and heart, until you overflow with JOY.  Though the earth give way, and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, you need not fear!


I am off...to do what needs to be done today.  But lucky me, I get to take a break every 30 minutes or so to snuggle with the cutest lil/big guy in the world!

Love,
Eve

3 comments:

China Dreams said...

At least you keep your sense of humor!

Ruby

Debbie said...

I hope everyone gets well soon! We'll be praying for safe travels for you and your family and for peace and comfort for Florie as she transitions into your family.

bakingforbaby said...

Ahhhh! Eve ~ I can't believe it. We are praying for you in these hours before you leave, no more vomit, no more chaos, instead just joyful anticipation. We look forward to hearing about your days in China. Safe journey :) Love, Maggie