I alternate between complete joy and complete exhaustion....how will it all ever get done? I also started to "nest" last week, and have the playroom and guest room ripped apart to "clean out" so we can start to get ready for Florie...in hindsight, probably should have waited until after Christmas! Why do so many of us feel like Charlie Brown in his Christmas special...almost depressed, like SOMETHING is missing? One of my wise friends (aka Shannon) put on her FB post today:
Oh no....feeling so tired/cranky with the busyness of the season. Wonder if our modern busyness mimics the crazy atmosphere in Bethlehem trying to take a census? Thankfully Peace, Hope, Rest, Love, and Joy is coming soon!
Can you imagine the STRESS of being 9 months pregnant, and having to ride on a donkey to get to the census? What control did Mary have? Was she full of joy the entire time she was riding there? What if Mary and Joseph did not make it in time? What? No hotels left? (maybe our no super new awesome Xbox game left?? jk)...But, on CHRISTmas, God brought it all together....it all worked according to his plan. And, the most beautiful thing is, we get to share in that blessing year after year after year.
So, with this new focus.....that I am where I am for a reason, that the busyness happens for a reason, that the chaos is there for a reason.....I am off to the races, but with added thoughts of PEACE, LOVE, HOPE and JOY.
Blessings!
Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment